Moussaka filo parcels
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500g lamb mince
1 tbsp tomato purée
½ tsp ground cinnamon
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tsp dried oregano
600g (about 2 medium) aubergines
8 sheets of filo pastry
For the topping
150ml Greek yogurt
1 medium egg, beaten
25g freshly grated Parmesan
1) Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until soft. Increase the heat, add the minced lamb and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until browned. Drain off the fat in a sieve, then return the meat to the pan.
2) Add the purée and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, then half-fill the can with water and pour into the pan. Add the oregano, season, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high. Cut each aubergine diagonally into 5mm-thick slices. Brush with oil, put half on a baking sheet and grill for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until pale golden. Drain on kitchen paper while grilling the remainder.
4) Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. For the topping, mix the yogurt, egg and half the cheeses. Season with pepper.
5) Halve 8 filo pastry sheets. Melt 40g butter and use to brush 8 sheets.
6) Halve the grilled aubergine slices and lay 1 in the centre of each filo. Top with the mince and 1 more aubergine piece. Brush the filo with butter, scrunch into parcels and spoon in the topping.
7) Scatter with the cheese and brush with butter. Bake at 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7 for 18-20 minutes.